Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Routes On Glyder Fach - 6th Jan

Another cracking day in North Wales. Today I teamed up with Gaz Davies for another visit to Glyder Fach. The plan was to go back and try a few new lines I had spied back in November 08. I did try one then, However, on that occasion the turf was not really froze so I backed off. No issues with that today, it was all like iron.




















In view of Idwal, driving up the Ogwen this morning many of the ice routes were looking a lot more white in colour from the road than previously. Snow cover was at about 400ms. My advice, if its cold on the weekend then get up very early.

Unfortuantley I am work until sat, which is a real shame as its so good.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pictures of the mixed ground on Glyder have caught my eye, what grade did your lines go at?

Mark Baggy Richards said...

RH AT IV - 5 middle at IV -5 rock route V-5

have fun if it stays cold